Company Overview: $1.5B Aviation Operator & Repair Center
The previous 12 gearboxes were completed using old process or a mix of new and old.
Avg. 799 Hours TAT 174 Days
- Assessed current work area layout, flow & process
- Developed VSM & created improvement plan
- Conducted series of structured kaizens
- Began routine audits to continuously improve
The last 3 gearboxes were completed wholly within newly implemented processes.
Avg. 626 Hours TAT 34 Days
Process Innovation created an opportunity for management to:
– Increase revenue, without additional labor, or
– Reduce labor, to maintain efficiencies, or
- Reduce WIP and return the overhauled unit to service more quickly
- 17% in savings by April 2010.